Keeping dribblers dry since 2004
beauty & the bib was established in 2004. Lara found it really hard to buy beautiful but practical baby bibs for her own children. She rented a market stall and took her original and innovative ideas to market.
Lara’s bibs were the first to feature an interlining to keep dribblers dry. Within months of starting her business from home she was taking orders from boutiques and stores, and in January 2005 she exhibited her designs at a London Trade Show.
Today, the brand has distributors and stockists throughout the UK and overseas.
- Jan 2004: Register the company with Companies House and start to plan the business
- Aug 2004: Rent a market stall at Greenwich Market, London (an incubator for new and novel business ideas!)
- Nov 2004: Approach some key department stores in the UK
- Dec 2004: Receive first major wholesale orders (Selfridges, Daisy & Tom)
- Jan 2005: Exhibit at a trade show (Top Drawer, London) for the first time
- Mar 2006: Receive first order from Harvey Nichols, UK
- Apr 2006: Build a large shed in the garden to house stock
- Jan 2007: Exhibit in Florence & Paris
- Apr 2007: Move the business from home to an industrial unit
- May 2007: Appoint overseas distributors (Japan & Italy)
- Oct 2008: Flagship store opens, 16 Greenwich Market, London
- Mar 2009: Appoint a distributor for Poland
- May 2009: Appoint a distributor for Denmark & Sweden
- Jun 2010: Visit key department stores in Tokyo, meet with Barneys buyer
- Jul 2010: Move to new office suite in Greenwich and open the London showroom for trade buyers
- Dec 2010: Website review
- Jan 2011: Brand refresh
- Feb 2011: Launch new website and sign first licensing deal with a major retailer
We provide high quality baby products at competitive prices with the knowledge that all orders will be delivered on time and in perfect condition. Established in 2004, we have worked hard to earn our reputation for quality and innovative baby bib styling.
We believe we are the UK’s premier supplier of baby bibs! You tell us that we are. However, we have to be efficient, responsive and diligent. Every order, whatever the size, matters: from the smallest internet order to the largest overseas distribution order.
We sell to many stores across Japan, and our products meet their stringent safety standards.
If you would like help finding a local stockist, give us a call on +44 (0)20 8293 0529 and we will be more than happy to advise you. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
- 16-05 7:21 - Spotted! Our pink heart bib http://t.co/vUMGgKQB0U
- 13-05 7:05 - Saxon in the editing suite, preparing our bus themed images, all modelled this morning by Ralph! http://t.co/nT19UFcYjj
- 25-04 1:25 - Another tale of two brothers at number 10: move over The Milibands http://t.co/vM45gPcLNX
- 25-04 12:37 - 'What's in a name' (printed on a bib)A most apt quotation for our new thespian client we think!
- 23-04 6:06 - Let's Go To The Movies! - http://t.co/B0brM4hYwT